Couples readying for marriage also find themselves bombarded with overwhelming choice and decisions to be made - venue, flowers, cake, photographer, outfits, transport, and of course, Celebrant.
It's interesting to note in the latest statistics from Celebrants Online that many couples seeking the services of a wedding celebrant send an enquiry to just one Celebrant. The statistics show that, in the 6 months - January to June 2012 - for enquiries sent to Celebrants via their Celebrants Online direct contact forms
- 77.9% of enquirers contacted just the ONE Celebrant
- 13.6% of enquirers contacted two Celebrants
- 4.1% of enquirers contacted three Celebrants
- 4.4% of enquirers contacted four or more Celebrants
How did those 321 people (77.9%) choose their one Celebrant to contact? Celebrant location generally plays a part in a potential client's decision. But other factors may be:
- Celebrant smile - approachability, grooming, sense of openness and welcome apparent in a Celebrant's profile photo
- Profile text - experience, point of difference, sense of humanity and warmth, human touch apparent in a Celebrant's profile text
It all comes back to a sense of connectedness - connecting with a smile, connecting with a voice, connecting with an experience, connecting with a way of being.
If a Celebrant can make or enable that connection, then that Celebrant is enabling choice, allowing a potential client to bypass the 'too much choice' paralysis.