Tuesday 11 September 2012

Robbie Fincham - Featured Marriage Celebrant

 
Based in Melbourne's outer east, servicing Melbourne metro, the Dandenong Ranges and Yarra Valley region
 
2012 Gold Rose Celebrant & Secretary of the Civil Celebrations Network, Inc.

Hi, I'm Roberta, but everyone calls me 'Robbie'.
 
I'd never considered a career in celebrancy until my Father passed away 6 years ago. I found it extremely gratifying working with the funeral celebrant in the planning of his funeral. It was one of those 'lightning bolt' moments when I just knew that celebrancy was the meaningful career I had been looking for all my life. I have never looked back.


A wedding ceremony still holds the excitement, optimism and wonder today, as it always has. To be asked to be a part of this special event in a couple's lives, is indeed an honour. I can honestly say I just 'LOVE' meeting with couples and families and helping them plan their ceremony; one that tells their story, their hopes and dreams.


Robbie Fincham, CMC with Jessica & Shane at Chateau Wyuna
I listen carefully to my couples so I understand what's important to them. My aim is to translate their wishes into the 'ceremony of their dreams'.

The marriage ceremony marks an important rite of passage; moving from single to married. It has the potential to be a very powerful occasion. It shouldn't be just a few obligatory words thrown together before the reception party. Paying attention to all the little details can turn an ordinary ceremony into an extraordinary one.

There is no particular ceremony I've officiated at which stands out in my mind, as all ceremonies have been memorable in their own way. They were created with joy and pleasure and reflect the people for whom they were written. It is my endeavour, for every couple that entrusts me with facilitating their wedding ceremony, to exceed their expectations.
Robbie Fincham, CMC with Michelle & Darren at Healesville
To all my couples; past, present and future, I say 'Thank You' for allowing me the privilege of sharing this significant day in your lives.
Robbie Fincham, CMC with Kristy & Luke at Coldstream

No comments: