Did you know that Marriage Celebrants have a recognised Code of Practice under which they operate?
The Code is a 3-page document with 6 sections covering:
- To whom the Code applies
- High service standard expectations
- Recognition of the significance of Marriage
- Compliance with the Marriage Act and related laws
- General requirements of Marriage Celebrants
- Knowledge & understanding of Family Relationships Services
Your Marriage Celebrant will give you a copy of the Code of Practice. This ensures that you are aware of the level of service you can expect from your Celebrant.
The above is a revision of an article originally posted on 18-Sep-2007.
|Pg. 1 of the Marriage Celebrant Code of Practice|