I read Simone's post first and my reactions were as follows:
1. What the? - Living table numbers
2. OMG, that doesn't look too safe! - Suspended wedding cakes
3. Mmm, nice. - Multiple engagement rings
4. Like that, the colours look beautiful! - Prickly centrepieces
5. Where are the chairs for the oldies? - Picnic-style receptions
6. You've got to be kidding! - Pretty phone charging stations
Then I read Pip's commentary and laughed out loud. Her very down-to-earth style and spot-on thoughts highlight the inanity of some of these potential 'trends'.
For the life of me, I can't see why any bride or groom who is dreaming of a unique, personal, individual ceremony and reception would blindly follow trends. Why follow the crowd? Is that original? Or unique? Does it really speak to the life and personality of the bridal couple? I don't think so.
|Should we follow trends? by CALLit-ringo|